Saturday, August 11, 2012

Birthday Gift

Submitted to Crop Chocolate's Challenge to use an older-style element and a newer-style element.

This candle holder is a birthday present for my son's very sweet girlfriend, Sydney.  I asked him what colors and theme I should use. He said Red is her favorite color and make it like a Harley Davidson - she'll like that.  Uhhhh.  Make a cute home-made candle holder like a Harley Davidson.  I'm crafty - but THAT would be a challenge!

So I decided I'd use red as one of the main colors.  All paper is Echo Park For the Record, the flower from UmWow Studios, button from Stampin Up, twine is Timeless Twine.  Clothespins made red with TH alcohol ink.  Not sure of the brand on the washi. It's all glued together with Mod Podge and hot glue.

The candle holder is wrapped with twine (old) and washi tape (new).

Here's Syd's gift...

I made one of these candle holders in July.  It took me over two days of crafting to finish it.  This one took me about 4.5 hours start to finish.  I really love making them. Instructions for making these wonderful little candle holders can be found on Scrappy Canuck's blog - here.

Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

1 comment: