Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Scraplifting upon scraplifting

Submitted to Clayton528 and Raebae's challenge to scraplift the heart lay-out that Clayton528 created. I decided to make a card instead.

What's extra special about this card is that some of the products I used were won in a blog hop challenge from Clayton528 (aka Kathy).

I used mostly scraps of paper to cut the circles.  The stamp is from Unity - Stamp of the Week club.  I colored in the stamp with sparkly copic glitter pens AND I distressed the edges of the stamp and the heart with my NEW Tim Holtz summer distress inks from Clayton528.  They're perfect! I also added a few dots of my NEW liquid pearls that Kathy sent me as a special surprise.  So cute!  Thanks Kathy!  (((hugs to you, my friend))) and thanks to you and Raebae for the challenge!

The reason why I titled this scraplifting upon scraplifting is that I got the idea to ink up around the heart from ANOTHER scraplift from the very inspiring, Michele.  See her version - here.  She used a mask, but the idea is similar. :)

Here it is:


It's particularly appropriate today. My wonderful husband treated me like a queen tonight - cooked dinner, let me just sit.  I appreciate him. With him and my crafty friends, this is a happy life!  I'm a lucky gal. :)

Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment