Monday, September 10, 2012

A Fun Name Plate

Submitted to Crop Chocolate's 3D challenge #30 - 3D

A month or so ago, the FABULOUS Amber from Crop Chocolate posted this really cute wood letter that had banners with her ADORABLE daughter's name on it.  I loved the project, but I don't have any adorable little girls.....oh wait, I'm a girl and sorta cute in a middle-aged woman sorta way!  I decided to indulge myself and make one for my office door instead of the "regular" nameplate. 

My dear husband cut me a K out of wood.  Aren't handy husbands great?  I covered it with Echo Park's Country Drive Collection paper and slathered it with mod podge.  I used Nestabilities dies to cut out the banners and put K A R E N on it.  Hey, that's my name!  ha ha  I pulled out my bird punch and distressed everything with TH summer inks (sent to me as blog candy by the very generous Kathy).  I added a flower from UmWow Studios.....And voila!


Disclaimer:  I sprained my ankle and finally couldn't take the pain anymore and downed a Vicoden.  That's why this post is sillier than usual. My head is swimming - just a little.

Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

1 comment:

  1. I am SO flattered!! This looks AMAZING - so bright and cheery!!! Great job. :) PS - I like the silly(er) Karen. ;) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete