Sunday, September 2, 2012

Operation Write Challenges 6, 7, 9 and 10

These cards are submitted for Operation Write Home's Virtual Card Making Party

Challenge 6 of the Operation Write Home's Virtual Card Making Party was to make a card based on this sketch:


Linda from Creepin' Along provided this challenge. I love my bird punch! I took this opportunity to use it and make these fabulous little birds for this card that hopefully one of our heroes will love to send to someone.















Challenge 7 from Scrapping with Purpose asked us to make a holiday card either for a child or to send to any hero. I made this card that I'll send to any hero!











Yes, I do know how to count (ha ha), but I had to skip a challenge that asked us to make a card that was sports-related. My kids are past the age of playing sports, and I have NO stamps or stickers that were sports-related. Sorry!



Challenge 9 from Sharing My Work for OWH challenged us to use a neglected tool. I used to use my spirelli punch all the time, but it's been in the back of a drawer for a couple years. I pulled it out and remembered why I don't use it a lot. I have to stand on it to make it punch! I still love the look of this card.












The 10th and final challenge for the Virtual Card Making Party was offered by Kathryn's Cards. Kathryn asked us to make a card that represents our state. I live in California and work at the University of California. I knew that my state colors were blue and gold. I looked up our other state symbols and found that the California state insect is the butterfly. (Who knew?!) I covered a piece of paper in blue and gold washi tape and die-cut this butterfly. I plan to send this card to any-hero too.







The party was fun, and I would like to thank everyone who hosted a challenge!

Craftily yours,

Karen

9 comments:

  1. Great job with the sketch/punch challenge! Very clever to use the bird facing in two opposite directions and with the alternating paper. It's keeps it coordinated but interesting too. Nice work!

    Paula S.
    OWH Blog Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful set of cards! I had to laugh about knowing how to count and remembering why you didn't use that punch. (I skipped the Western challenge and couldn't believe how hard it was to punch out a heart!)

    Your Christmas card is lovely. You've done a great job creating a strong focal point. And the gem for the star of the tree is a perfect accent. (Why didn't I think of that?)

    Thanks so much for playing along with the VCMP challenges, including the Christmas is for Kids challenge! And, thanks for joining Scrapping with Purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great group of cards - love how you used the washi tape. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cards! I love your sketch card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along with our neglected craft tool challenge! Your cards are lovely. I especially love your color choices! I think the birds may be my favorite! I didn't have any sports related items either so I googled "free sports digital scrapbooking kit" and downloaded some great printables with matching paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore those birds in the sketch card...love that you flipped the birds and papers! Super job! Your Christmas card is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing all your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, Karen! Love the way you treated the birds in the sketch challenge - going to have to CASE that, I think! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete