Thursday, April 14, 2016

Live What You Love

Welcome Dare 2B Artzy fans!!  Karen N here from Craftily Yours!
When I saw this FABULOUS Dare 2B Artzy Totally Tracy Stamp - Hearts & Swirls, I couldn't WAIT to ink it up!  I absolutely LoVe the heart with flower wings.  Super fabulous.
D2B-heart1kn

I decided to stamp it twice on watercolor cardstock.  On one version, I painted the heart red (with white polka dots done with a Molotow Acrylic White Paint Marker) and painted the leaves green.  I fussy cut both out and fussy cut out just the petals on the flower.  To color, I used Ken Oliver Color Burst powders mixed with water.  On the other version, I created a background using the Color Bursts as well.  I colored up a second yelow heart from the Hearts & Swirls set and fussy cut it out.  Then I layered it all up.  The red heart and green leaves are glued flat and the petals are popped up on the ends.  I also covered the yellow heart with Glossy Accents and used pop tape to stick it in the middle.  Here's a close-up:
d2b-heart2kn
With the polka dots, it'd be perfect for this month's Dare 2B Artzy Polka Dot challenge!  (Have you joined us yet??!)
And I decorated in the inside with just a wee bit of color burst and another heart from the set.
d2b-heart3kn
Have you "liked" us on Facebook yet?!  You should!  There's all kinds of beautiful inspiration.  Be sure to also check out all D2BA's products here!
Thanks for stopping by!
Craftily yours,
Karen

1 comment: